Tuesday 9 August 2011

Two-Wheel Itch

Only five days to go until the big day!!


Things have been quiet around here but in real life we've still been completely capsuled in '100-mile mode'; eating leafy greems such as spinach and kale, enjoying some good long sleep, deciding what we'll eat before, during and after the big ride, studying the finalized route plan, and even doing a bit of cycling too!



As we're now tapering, the rides have been less intense and much shorter: a couple of 15-milers during the week, a lovely 55-mile route through the hills last weekend (with a café stop - shock horror!!), and on Sunday a rather tough 20 miles thanks to horrid winds. Now all that remains is a 10-miler and a 5-miler, and then we're off!

Yesterday I was jittery and terrified all day, but today I've got excited butterflies - I just can't wait to get out there and see what I can do! The route looks good, and mostly unfamiliar, which will help when it comes to overcoming those inevitabe 'walls' in the latter stages of the ride. Right now I almost miss my bike; so many weekends have been spent flying down country lanes and toiling up hills, and I've loved every single one of the rides we've done. Every Saturday morning I've woken up with a ball of fizzing excitement in my tummy, and spending the day out in the countryside has, for the most part at least, been an absolute pleasure.


Sponsorship is coming in and people are being overwhelmingly generous. We're even hoping for a quick stint in the local papers this week - watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment